Sunday, April 12, 2009

How can I keep the Pomegranate fruit from cracking early?

I know that Pomegranate husks crack normally in order to spread the seeds around, but my young tree seems to be having difficulty letting them ripen first. I went out today and found that half of the husks were split wide open and dropping seeds. The problem is that every single one of them seems to be still half unripe and the premature seeds are bitter and no good for anything. I keep it decently watered so the seeds will be plump inside, but is there something else I can do to keep it from ruining half of its crop?

How can I keep the Pomegranate fruit from cracking early?
I would try mulching so you have more consistent soil water availability.





Most of my experience with pomegranates has been in greenhouse situations, and they did ok there -- which may also mean you have a cultivar more prone to splitting -- much like some tomato cultivars have a greater tendency to stress cracks.



hairstyles hair style

No comments:

Post a Comment